This month, I continue on my journey to finish what I started in 2009!
Due to a difficult divorce and custody battle for my kids, discovering my dad had Stage 3 prostate cancer, and my niece going into a mental hospital just a few weeks before the competition, I made the choice to not go to the Nationals so I could take care of these personal issues and be supportive to my family. I certainly believe that I made the right choice!
It has taken many years for me to get to a place where I was ready to tackle this challenge again, but the time is now, and my year is 2016!! Make no mistake about it, just because I have not been competing on a stage does not mean I have not continued to train and maintain a healthy diet with regular work outs. I'm feeling pretty fit...at almost 44!!
I will be competing again next year with the goal of making it to the Masters Nationals in Pittsburgh in July. I'm really excited to go on this journey with Michelle Anderson (who I call my nutrition and mental wellness coach who is incredibly knowledgeable), and will be getting the professional guidance of Sekona Taufa in the gym for a couple of months (a Pro Natural Bodybuilder and Master Trainer).
I have new injuries and body challenges that my diet, natural supplements, and work outs will address, but below are some of the highlights of my new plan for the next two weeks.
CURRENTLY: 128 lbs, 15% BF, 109 lbs lean, 19 lbs fat
GOAL BY DEC 1: 126 lbs, about 11% BF
GOAL BY JAN 1: 123 lbs, about 9% BF
GOAL BY FEB 1: 120 lbs
GOAL BY MARCH 1: 117-118 lbs
GOAL BY APRIL 1: 115 lbs
Nutrition Priorities:
#1 Macro balance: 35% carbs 30% fat 35% Protein
#2 Volume: 2,000 calories 5x's per week, 1600 calories on rest day and cardio day
#3 Quality: Clean food (already being done so lowest on the priority list)
Continue to utilize Turmeric Curcumin, Stinging Nettle "tea", vitamins, and fish oil.
Add to supplements: 100% organic grass fed beef bone broth
Workout Priorities:
#1 Glutes and Hamstrings (twice per week)
#2 Shoulders
#3 Lats (with a focus on lower)
#4 Chest, Biceps, etc.
Strategy:
Cardio days: 12 min 30/30 split HIIT followed by 3 min low, followed by Pyramids (60 low / 30 med / 30 med high) for 30 min more.
Weights: Vary 4 intensities during workouts
1. Pulses and Partials
2. Slow and Static
3. Negatives
4. Timed Reps (7 sets of 30 on 30 break)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment