Monday, February 2, 2009

The dizzy light-headed times...

I cycled for about 75 minutes yesterday afternoon. It was the best day I've had so far! It was 42 degrees, no wind, no rain, and light traffic on the path. I kept my HR at 145-153 with my cadence at 85-90. This morning I ran for 48 minutes with HR avg at 152. The pool was closed for repairs (grrrrr) so I'll have to make up for it tomorrow and call ahead in case I need to switch gyms.

This is the first day that I've felt the dizziness and fatigue that I recognize as the feeling that my body is into burning fat for fuel. It's a strange state that some people who are dieting complain about and blame on a lack of carbs. It might be that, but I have the majority of my carbs in the morning before my workout (13g) and within 2 hours post workout (70g) so nothing notable has changed there for me. I think it's just the added cardio and lower caloric intake. My lower back was killing me last night and this morning during my run. I kept thinking about Lance Armstrong saying something about "Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever.", and I pressed on. So glad I did...not that I would quit - but it helped me push myself through the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment