Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe."
- Saint Augustine

I found this quote today and really appreciate it for the many areas that faith is important in my life. If someone were to observe me doing cardio, at times they would see me with my palms turned up in front of me...most of the time thanking God for all my blessings and the forgiveness of the mistakes I have made and continue to make in my life. I have faith that He hears me. I feel His strength and trust in His guidance. I am not a religious person, but I do have my own relationship with God and believe that each person has his or her own beliefs that are deeply personal and none of my business.

In my life, I believe. I have faith that I will achieve the goals I have set out to achieve. I have faith that everything is going to work out for the best. I also believe that a lot of this is because of who I am, my attitude, and my committment...and I thank God for giving these strengths to me.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of Hebrews 1:1, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (NIV)

    Your faith is evident and strong, Brittani! Thanks for sharing this thought...

    ReplyDelete