Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Countdown to Lean Down

I've been gradually easing myself into following a perfect plan by following a menu a little more "perfect" each day. I officially start my dieting on Friday! I had it in my mind how exactly I was going to keep myself from cheating...all these tools and tricks I was going to use...mostly DON'T phrases and reminders to stay on track and deal with the hunger. However, after talking with Michelle yesterday, I'm going to try something MUCH more positive. As she stated, our subconscious can be pretty stupid sooooo JUST TELL IT what you want it to BELIEVE. So, here goes my new self talk:

Mmmmm, eating clean and perfect feels and looks sooooo GOOD! I am never hungry. I can hardly believe I can eat this much food! I am just so satisfied. Wow, I look so good when I eat this way - why would I want anything else? I don't! This is ALL I need and boy do those sugary foods look heavy and gross and laden with who knows what!! (I can already envision the BF just melting off!!)

Every night after dinner and cleaning up, I'm going to hit the foam roller and/or a hot bath in epsom salts with a cup of decaf tea. I'm going to blog here and record my journey...staying focused and positive. My new goal is to not just reach 3.5% BF again and be in the BEST condition EVER, but to do it EASILY and with a great PMA (Positive Mental Attitude).

I am where I was at in July of last year (with weight and BF) and know what it will take to reach where I was in October. The good news is that I am stronger and better conditioned than I was LY before lean down so I can't wait to see the progress I've made. I don't know how the competition will look on stage, but I know I will look my BEST EVER. (Dang, I am sooooo EXCITED!!) I will be there beaming with pride knowing that I did it naturally with sweat, tears, and determination - all while getting faster and stronger in every way!

I'm learning to swim and will be swimming non stop laps within the next 2 weeks. I will be improving my endurance on the bike and running faster for longer. I am already faster and in better cardio condition versus LY. I will do that triathlon in May knowing predictably how I will do...not just finishing but finishing with great times and the knowledge that I've learned and improved VASTLY this year. Of course, I will record the journey and progress! It's time to KICK SOME BUTT (my own! LOL)!!

With all my enthusiasm, joy, and love,

-B.

No comments:

Post a Comment