Sunday, January 11, 2009

I think I have about 2 weeks until "lean down". Part of me can't wait...the other part of me is scared to death. Gulp. The pain of hunger, the sweat and tears of pushing through work outs without energy, the time management of preparing perfect menus and following them exactly, and the stress of traveling with my foods for 3 months, and those final couple of weeks where my hormones are a little whacked out and I'm beyond depleted...that's pretty much what I don't enjoy and fear. So, what do I look forward to? I look forward to seeing my body lean and strong and the changes I've been making to it. I love the feeling that I'm accomplishing something immense for myself and that most people could never do. My past ability to reach these goals doesn't matter - only today and the future matter. There will be new walls to climb, and I enjoy the success of getting over each one of them and the new strength that it gives me. I feel invincible when I get over a hump and push myself to new levels.

Today my challenge will be pushing myself through very sore legs and glutes. I'm doing biceps and abs today...about the only parts of my body that aren't sore, and then I'll do some incline treadmill work and finally swim. I'm glad I didn't cycle yesterday because it would have been too much after 2 days of running. Today and tomorrow are swim and cyle. If I can, I'll try to do both again on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment