Friday, January 30, 2009

One down - 11 to go!

I was in Chicago for 3 days this week...took 90% of my food, got minimal amounts of rest and hit the gym everyday at 3:30 am PST. Admittedly, it was a challenging and tiring week. To add to my crazy week, I went swimming yesterday and while I was already running late and feeling exhausted, I proceeded to tear my swim cap and forget my toiletries (...the brain is already going! Yikes!!). The chlorine certainly didn't do my hair any favors, and then I couldn't get it out. The good news is that I was able to get out the door in record time and was home by 7 am. I made up for my lame swim (20 minutes) with a 30 minute run on my way to pick up my son from school. I spent some time with Coach Mark going over swimming technique and now fully understand why I am not enjoying my swim sessions and getting such a work out. Once my body figures out it doesn't have to "muscle" through the water, things will probably get a lot better.

I'm down 2 lbs this week and hope to continue that trend for a few more weeks! Here were the workouts this week with heart rate information when I could get it:

Sat -Deltoids - run outside 47 minutes (149 avg HR)
Sun - Legs - swim 30 min
Mon - Chest/Abs - 15 min HIIT on step mill, 30 min swim
Tues - Biceps - 30 min on elliptical and treadmill (156 avg HR)
Weds - 45 min on elliptical and treadmill (150 - 160 HR)
Thurs - Deltoids - 20 minute swim am, 30 minute run pm
Fri - Chest - 30 minute run

I'm taking in 1650 calories at a 30/30/40 split. If I drop 1 more lb by Sunday, I'm taking a "refeed" meal in the afternoon...with plenty of protein in the morning and two cardio sessions!!

I'm feeling...tired from lack of sleep and time zone changes, a little light headed at times, but mostly in good spirits after a melt down this morning. God bless my wonderful friends and day dreams of my favorite tough guy, Daniel Craig....



(Sigh). -B. :)

1 comment:

  1. Incredible and inspiring dedication, Brittani! I know how tough it can be preparing for contest. Your focus and commitment seem to be carrying you through these tough times, and I'm glad to see that. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete