Happy New Year!
I'm more of a Happy New Day kind of person...taking full advantage of celebrating every day then just one day a year. Some people set New Year's Resolutions. I set New Day's Resolutions. I like to call them "goals". I write them down. I set up plans to achieve them. It works for me. However, in 2009, one area that I'd like to work on that isn't set up in a list of my goals is to focus on what I can change and let what I cannot change goooooooo. Bye-bye. No energy spent on thinking about things outside of my control. Other people's thoughts and actions...not really within my realm of control...let it go. No judging, no critisizing, no blame, and NO energy spent thinking about it. I guess what it really comes down to is love. I want to love people without conditions and without judgement. Accepting others for who they are and loving them for their unique characteristics is not an easy thing to do. I don't know anyone who has this mastered - at least not here on earth. That's what I'm going to be working on. I think it will bring me a lot of joy and peace. If everyone could be accepting of others' differences and love each other and empathize more, I believe the world would be a much better place. I can't do this for anyone else, but I have the choice to make it happen for myself. I have some plans in place to work on myself and this goal every day.
Wishing you peace, love, and joy. -B.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Have i told you lately how cool you are!?!? Thanks so much for letting me share in your journey . . . it's gonna be a GREAT year girl!! woooooo hoooo!! (and, if my eyes are serving me well, i'm the honorary "first comment" on your blog -- ya baby. i like it!) Hugs!! :)
ReplyDelete